Gotu Kola is not only a mild adaptogen,, but also has antioxidant properties.
Preliminary evidence suggests it may have nootropic effects. Gotu Kola is used to increase attention span and concentration, and combat aging.
Research on Gotu Kola indicates that it is effective in stimulating circulation, which helps support brain health.
Researchers at Seoul National University modified the chemical structure of asiatic acid
from Gotu Kola and found three derivatives reduced glutamate induced neurotoxicity.
Each serving of Elebra contains 100mg of Gotu Kola, and is manufactured in the USA at a cGMP facility that has an "A" rating (the highest possible) from the National Nutritional Foods Association. We stand behind our product and offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
1. Winston, D., Maimes, S., Adaptogens: Herbs For Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief, 2007, pp. 226-7
2. "A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study on the Effects of Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) on Acoustic Startle
Response in Healthy Subjects". Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology. 20(6):680-684, December 2000.
Bradwejn, Jacques MD, FRCPC *; Zhou, Yueping MD, PhD ++; Koszycki, Diana PhD *; Shlik, Jakov MD, PhD.
3. Bradwejn, J., Zhou, Y., et al., "A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study On The Effects of Gotu Kola (Centella
asiatica) on Acoustic Startle Response in Healthy Subjects", J. Clinical Psychopharmacology 2000 Dec;
4. Brinkhause, B., Lindner, M., et al., "Chemical, Pharmacological and Clinical Profile of The East Asian Medical
Plant Centella asiatica", Phytomedicine 2000 Oct; 7(5):427-48
5. Lee MK, Kim SR, Sung SH, Lim D, Kim H, Choi H, Park HK, Je S, Kid YC. Asiatic acid derivatives protect
cultured cortical neurons from glutamate-induced excitotoxicity. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol. 2000