Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
Folate is a water-soluble member of the Vitamin-B Complex that helps the body to synthesize DNA, to act as a cofactor in biological reactions, and to help produce and maintain new cells.
Both adults and children need Folate to make red and white blood cells and prevent anemia. Folate deficiency may lead to large red blood cells that do not contain adequate hemoglobin – the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
A study of patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome concluded some patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are Folic Acid deficient.
In a study on Folic Acid supplementation, participants taking Folic Acid experienced a better change in memory, information processing speed and sensorimotor speed that those taking a placebo.
Each serving of Elebra contains Folic Acid, and is manufactured in the USA at a cGMP facility that has an "A" rating (the highest possible) from the National Nutritional Foods Association. We stand behind our product and offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
1. Weinstein, SJ et al. (2003). "Null Association Between Prostate Cancer and Serum Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin
B12, and Homocysteine" (PDF). Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, & Prevention 12 (11): 1271–1272.
2. Kamen B. Folate and antifolate pharmacology. Semin Oncol 1997;24:S18-30-S18-39.
3. Zittoun J (1993). "Anemias due to disorder of folate, vitamin B12 and transcobalamin metabolism". La Revue du
praticien 43 (11): 1358–63.
4. Gerhard GT, Duell PB. Homocysteine and atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1999;10(5):417-428.
5. Jacobson W, et al. "Serum folate and chronic fatigue syndrome." Neurol. December,1993;43:2645-2647.
6. Durga J, van Boxtel MPJ, Schouten EG, et al. Effect of 3-year folic acid supplementation on cognitive function
in older adults in the FACIT trial: a randomised, double blind, controlled trial. Lancet 2007; 369: 208-216.